20 Apr A Cost-Benefit Analysis of Escrow Verification | Iron Mount…
Updated: May 25, 2018:
JD Supra is a legal publishing service that connects experts and their content with broader audiences of professionals, journalists and associations.
Please note that if you subscribe to one of our Services, you can make choices about how we collect, use and share your information through our Privacy Center under the “My Account” dashboard (available if you are logged into your JD Supra account).
Collection of Information
Registration Information. When you register with JD Supra for our Website and Services, either as an author or as a subscriber, you will be asked to provide identifying information to create your JD Supra account (“Registration Data“), such as your:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Company Name
- Company Industry
Other Information: We also collect other information you may voluntarily provide. This may include content you provide for publication. We may also receive your communications with others through our Website and Services (such as contacting an author through our Website) or communications directly with us (such as through email, feedback or other forms or social media). If you are a subscribed user, we will also collect your user preferences, such as the types of articles you would like to read.
Information from third parties (such as, from your employer or LinkedIn): We may also receive information about you from third party sources. For example, your employer may provide your information to us, such as in connection with an article submitted by your employer for publication. If you choose to use LinkedIn to subscribe to our Website and Services, we also collect information related to your LinkedIn account and profile.
How do we use this information?
We use the information and data we collect principally in order to provide our Website and Services. More specifically, we may use your personal information to:
- Operate our Website and Services and publish content;
- Distribute content to you in accordance with your preferences as well as to provide other notifications to you (for example, updates about our policies and terms);
- Measure readership and usage of the Website and Services;
- Communicate with you regarding your questions and requests;
- Authenticate users and to provide for the safety and security of our Website and Services;
- Conduct research and similar activities to improve our Website and Services; and
- Comply with our legal and regulatory responsibilities and to enforce our rights.
How is your information shared?
- Content and other public information (such as an author profile) is shared on our Website and Services, including via email digests and social media feeds, and is accessible to the general public.
- If you choose to use our Website and Services to communicate directly with a company or individual, such communication may be shared accordingly.
- Readership information is provided to publishing law firms and authors of content to give them insight into their readership and to help them to improve their content.
- Your information may also be shared to parties who support our business, such as professional advisors as well as web-hosting providers, analytics providers and other information technology providers.
- Any court, governmental authority, law enforcement agency or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights, the rights of any third party or individuals’ personal safety, or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or safety issues.
- To our affiliated entities and in connection with the sale, assignment or other transfer of our company or our business.
How We Protect Your Information
JD Supra takes reasonable and appropriate precautions to insure that user information is protected from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We restrict access to user information to those individuals who reasonably need access to perform their job functions, such as our third party email service, customer service personnel and technical staff. You should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error-free. Where you use log-in credentials (usernames, passwords) on our Website, please remember that it is your responsibility to…