17 Nov [Fixed] Error Code: 0x80070035. The Network Path was not Fo…
Windows Operating System has a unique feature that enables the users to share the files and folders between the computers over the same network without any external peripherals. If you are accessing this feature by fulfilling the required criteria prescribed by the Windows OS and in spite of that getting an error code 0x80070035 or the network path was not found, then you need to fix it by applying some advanced solutions.
How to fix the Windows Error Code 0x80070035?
It is quite important to check the issue before making any changes to the computer. So, you must check the sharing status of the folder and if it is not shared, then enable it in share mode. Now, go through the process listed beneath.
- Select the drive of the targeted computer which you want to access from the network channel, right-click on it and then choose ‘Properties’.
- After that, a new pop-up window will open on the screen and you need to click on the ‘Sharing’ tab located at the top of the page.
- In the Network File and Sharing Folder section, you will get the status of the Network Path and if it shows ‘Not shared’, then click on the ‘Advanced Sharing’ button.
- In the advanced sharing page, you will get an option ‘Share this folder’, click on the checkbox to select the same.
- Now click on the ‘Apply’ button and further click on the ‘OK’ button.
- That’s it’ now try to access the folder from the primary one.
- To check whether the process is working or not, open the ‘Run’ box by pressing the Windows and R keys simultaneously.
- Type the Folder name and then click on the ‘OK’ button.
- The above step will direct you to the desired folder which you want to access.
2] Access the IP address of the targeted computer to fix the Windows Error Code 0x80070035
Sometimes the error comes from the end of the network channel and this result in an issue ‘The network path was not found’. So, in this case, you need to ping the IP address of the targeted computer through the primary one and the detailed procedure is listed below.
- Press the ‘Start’ button and then type ‘CMD’ in the search bar.
- Soon, you will get the search result, select ‘CMD’ right-click on it and further click on ‘Run as administrator’.
- Thereafter, a command box will open and here you need to type ‘ipconfig/all’ without quotation marks and then hit the ‘Enter’ key.
- The above step will offer you the information on the network and you need to note down the IPv4 address.
- Now open the ‘Run’ box by pressing the ‘Windows’ and ‘R’ keys together.
- Type the IPv4 address which you have noted down and then the path of the folder. It would be like this \IPv4 addressfolder path. Here we have shown an example \192.168.43.20N
- This time you will be able to access the folder you want.
3] Make changes in the Network Security to fix the Windows Error Code 0x80070035
- Press the ‘Windows’ and ‘R’ Keys simultaneously to open the ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, type ‘secpol.msc’ in the box without quotation marks and then press the ‘Enter’ key.
- Thereafter, the ‘Local Security Policy’ window will appear on the screen.
- Now, click on ‘Local Policy’ and further click on ‘Security Options’.
- Thereafter you will find a list of files at the center of the page, navigate for ‘Network Security: LAN Manager Authentication level’ and then double click on it.
- Soon, a new pop-up window will open and you need to select ‘Send LM and NTLM-use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated’ from the drop-down menu.
- After completing the above step, click on the ‘Apply’ button and further click on the ‘OK’ button.
- Now restart your computer and then check for Windows error code 0x80070035.
4] Update Network Adapter driver to fix the Code 0x80070035 Error
If you are accessing an outdated network driver then it may result in Windows error code 0x80070035. So you must update the driver and for your convenience, the steps are listed below.
- Move to the ‘Start’ menu, right-click on it and then select ‘Device Manager’.
- However, if you are using Windows 7 OS, then press the Start key, type ‘Device Manager’ in the search bar and press the ‘Enter’ key.
- In the ‘Device Manager’ page, you will find a lot of options, select ‘Network Adapter’.
- Click on the arrow button located at the parallel of the Network adapter and this will offer you the drivers list.
- Select the network driver, right-click on it and then choose ‘Update driver’.
- Thereafter, you will be asked to choose the mode of operation, click on ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’
- Now give some time to windows to update the driver.
- After the completion of the process, restart your computer.
5] Turn ON NETBIOS over TCP/IP to fix the Windows Error Code 0x80070035
- Click on the ‘Start’ button, type ‘Control Panel’ in the search bar and then press the ‘Enter’ key.
- In the Control Panel page, you will get the ‘Network and Internet’ section, click on it.
- Soon, a new page will open and you just need to select the ‘Network and Sharing Center’.
- Now click on ‘Change adapter settings’ located at the left end of the page.
- Thereafter, you will get the list of available networks; select the one which you access and then right-click on it to choose ‘Properties’.
- A new pop-up window will appear on the screen, click on ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)’ and further click on ‘Properties’.
- Soon you will find another pop-up window and here you need to click on the ‘Advanced’ button, located at the bottom of the page.
- Now, click on the ‘WINS’ tab located at the top of the page.
- Move to NetBIOS settings and click on the box stating ‘Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP.
- Now click on the ‘OK’ button.
- After completing the task, restart your computer.
So, these were the comprehensive solutions against the ‘Error code 0x80070035 – The network path was not found’. However, if you have any queries or suggestions then leave your comment in the box. Hence, stay connected with us and enjoys the salient features of the Windows OS without any interference.
If you feel this article helpful please like, share and follow our facebook page and keep visiting our